Friday, December 19, 2008

Reading List.

Remember when we used to be able to read for fun? Yeah, me too. It feels good.

My list for J-term:
Twilight by Stephanie Meyers
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard
In the Name of Jesus by Henry Nouwen
The Cost of Discipleship by Diderich Bonhoffer
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling

Also possibilities:
The rest of the Twilight Series
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway

Twilight depends on time and the other two are books from the Summer I never quite got to and would still like to read. We'll see how time goes. I already finished Twilight so I think that's a good sign. I forgot how much I love fiction. :)

Concerning Twilight: the writing isn't great but it's not bad either. I think it gets better as the book continues and the action picks up. The story is pretty good. Overall, I liked it. I'm not going to be obsessed any time soon, but I won't make fun... maybe.

Oh, and for those of you looking for new music, I would highly recommend Ingrid Michaelson Radio on Pandora. It's pretty much incredible.

With all the love I can muster to send,
V

No comments: