Saturday, January 30, 2010

I think the ice makes us all crazy.

I feel like in fairness to OBU I should update on the weather condition. We did get about a half-inch of ice (which is a lot of ice) which was then covered by 5 inches of snow. Steve informed me that OBU cancelled the two days of classes in hopes that students would go home so that if the power went out there would be less people to deal with. Ok. ok. I forgive you. The good news is this: the power is still on and we have had some epic sledding, dancing, eating, movie-ing, etc. and these have been two spectacular overall snow days. However, I still have to pick up the homework but today is only Saturday... so there's TOTALLY time for that... later.

In other news, my heart has been very heavy the last couple of weeks and that heaviness has come to fruition this weekend. Without giving too much away-- because this is the internet and anyone who wants to can read this-- I have come to a certain point where I feel like I have stepped out in faithfulness (although, I did pansy out a little bit so maybe not in the BEST way possible) and now there is nothing left for me to do besides pray. Perhaps this is why no one took my January class. Now at least I am ready for this feeling of wondering why God has asked me to do something when it seems like no one is responding. But now my job is to keep praying and to pray diligently, something I have never been fabulous at doing. So this post is really my commitment to persevere. I've said I'll do something (to God only knows how many people) and now that is what I'll do.

With that said, I feel like when I'm trying to discern something really large I have more trouble discerning little things... like I've reached my quota for the day or something. With that said, I just want you to know that if I do something stupid or say something insensitive in the next week or so, I don't really mean it and please forgive me. I promise you it will haunt me as I go to sleep-- I tend to mull over my "mistakes" until I am told that there's nothing more I can do to make it right. Call me a walking guilt complex but it's always been true.

So this might be a vague and jumbled mess, but it might be a deep look into my soul. At least, I've been painfully aware of my faults these last couple days and I think that those are ok things to be aware of. That was a dangling preposition. See? Yet another imperfection.

Love you all-- and if you want to pray for me, I would appreciate it. :)

May the peace of Christ which transcends understanding guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Amen.

-Veronica

No comments: