Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Can't sleep. Random thoughts.

I haven't been doing too much lately. So I've been thinking a lot. Here's some random ones, some life changing, some cynical, some nothing. But that's about normal, I think.

  • Season 3 of 30 Rock is phenomenally funny. Oh my goodness.
  • My three favorite things are Jesus, books, and TV on dvd-- in that order.
  • I'm about halfway through The Time Traveler's Wife because it was on sale a Wal*Mart. It's pretty much just a jazzed up romance. Not great but definitely not bad. I don't know that I would recommend it-- but if you want to I wouldn't tell you no.
  • Also saw Avatar tonight in IMAX 3D-- no less. I thought the 3D didn't actually add that much, but maybe I was just hoping things would jump out at me. Also, I thought the movie was incredibly made but poorly written. Well, mediocre-ly written. I'm ok with people putting their politics into movies, but it's kind of annoying when you don't have anything better to say than, "UH, America pretty much sucks." Because, if you don't have a better solution, then it's better not to say anything at all. BUT, if you haven't seen it, you have GOT to. Because the world that it's set in is freaking awesome. It's worth it just to see the creativity that went into those 300 million dollar graphics which are really quite snazzy.
  • I've seriously considered getting married in a library before. Before you mock me, you have to see the Kansas City Public Library. It's beautiful.
  • I am not ready for school.
  • I have not yet even begun to review Greek! BAH!
  • TPX weekend is pretty much planned in my head-- I just need the vision to be a little bit clearer so I can put it on paper. But it's going to be good and God is doing incredible things.
  • Perhaps prayer is the best response to frustrations. (Oh wait, this is a definite.)
  • I really like spending time with my family.
  • I will miss my sister more than anything when I leave KC.
  • I want to get the board games Things and Quelf.
  • I am broke as a joke.
  • I have said "I" a lot in this post. That's... icky.
  • Parties get less fun when you get stuck talking to people you don't know about things you don't care about. :)
  • Don't tell anyone, but I think Ke$ha is my new favorite guilty pleasure. AGGG-- it's just so CATCHY.
That pretty much covers it.

T-6 days and counting. ish.

-V

No comments: