Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 13- A memory that never fails to make me laugh.

Oh. So many to choose from.

When you go on a trip with Wonbyone to Jamaica, they have a traditional wake up for your last day in the village. And let me just tell you, they turn the music up as loud as it goes and play the Haka-- a Maori war chant-- as recorded by the New Zealand rugby team. You can hear it throughout the entire valley. The Jamaicans think it is hilarious, but if you don't know it's coming, it's terrifying. The first time I was there, when I heard it, I seriously thought I was being attack by demons. Then I realized everyone else heard it too and calmed down. Ha. But the second time I was there, I knew it was coming so when I heard it, I just got up and started getting ready. But I see Greg Massey walk by and he puts up the hood on his hoodie, grabs a machete, and says, "I'll take care of this." And walked down the hall. I think I fell on the floor, I was laughing so hard.


In other news, I had a terrific birthday weekend. :) Going home is so good sometimes. Now, I have tons of homework. Bleh.

Love.

No comments: