Monday, April 26, 2010

Anniversaries

There are two very important anniversaries approaching in my life.

Beatrice and I will have been together for an entire year in 4 days. April 30, 2009 was the day we were united. It has been a year of bliss. The first couple days were rocky, but once I mastered the stick shift, it was sheer love.

More importantly, sometime here in the next couple of weeks-- I'm not sure of the exact date-- will mark the ten year point in my relationship with Christ. That blows my mind. Jesus and I have been together for about half of my life now-- one decade. It has been a crazy one at that. There have been ups and downs, but overall it has been so good. I have gotten to experience so many sweet things, so many things so much bigger than me. I think I might put together a top ten list or something to commemorate... but I just had that idea so that might be another post. Most of all, it is crazy to look back on my life and think, "Wow Jesus, I can't believe you pick me but you sure are faithful."

I love Him so much. I can't wait to see what the next 10 years hold.

-Vern.

No comments: