Sunday, March 28, 2010

It Blows My Mind.

When I think about the things that happened this weekend, those are the only words that come to me.

I blows my mind that a small thought I had during a Life of Christ lecture last semester turned into a theme. That theme turned into an outline that I woke up and wrote down at 3 AM some time about 3 months ago. That outline turned into three 30 minute talks to 101 students. And somehow in that crazy mish-mash of events, God can use a little girl with a high-pitched voice and a lisp to speak life and truth into people she's never met-- and some people she's known for a long time.

This weekend was probably the coolest thing I've ever gotten to do. Mostly because I know that I didn't really do anything. But I get to get up in front of a room full of people and celebrate how wonderful my Savior is. Furthermore, I get to ask them to join me.

God is moving in a powerful way in a small community in Blue Springs. And that is crazy good.

Many thanks to the wonderful people who have supported me throughout this process. There were so many adults encouraging me both along the way and throughout the weekend. Watching you guys love on kids was one of the sweetest things to me. Your love means so much more to my life than I think words could express.


There are a few things that have especially touched my heart. Several students came and thanked me for speaking to them. One told me I was his hero. I can't believe God lets me do His work this way. One parent told me it was important for her that her kids heard good teaching and that's why she was glad I was there... do you guys just enjoy watching me cry??

Gah. I am so tired. And I am so amazed that God is so good and He chooses to use a fool like me to bring little pieces of His kingdom to this earth.

Now to Him who is able to do abundantly more than we could ever ask or imagine, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever, amen!

Much love.
-Vern.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh yay oh yay oh yayyyyyy!
gosh i wish you would wake up from your nap so you can tell me EVERYTHANG!

LOVE you

cheryl50 said...

As always honey, I am very proud of you. It must have been awesome, Even your brother said it was. :) Love mom

Jana Markley, PhD said...

You're awesome. :)