Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Simple Devotion. [by: Misty Edwards]

I remember the first glance
I remember the first romance
I remember the first dance
When I fell in love with you

The first time God ever spoke to me I was six years old. I was in the first grade ccd class at St. John LaLande. Joe Ridings dad was the teacher. Joe and I have the same birthday... I think that's why I remember. Either way, the teacher was saying something and I thought to myself, "What if I don't believe in God?" and immediately after, he said, "And God knows if you don't believe in Him." To which I thought, "Ok, God. I'm sorry."

I decided to follow Christ when I was 10 years old. It was the summer before 6th grade. My sister came into my room one night and told me that there was more to getting into heaven than just going to church. I don't really know what made me want to do it, but that night I prayed that Christ would be my savior. I remember feeling the chills... and then my sister told me to start reading Romans. :)

The first time I ever danced during worship, I was 17 years old. It was the summer after my senior year and I was teenstaffing at youthfront camp south. Jason Ellsworth was leading worship and I just remember being so overcome with joy that I lifted up my hands and spun around. Something was awakened in me. Later, Jason told me that my dancing had really ministered to him. Lindsey Klapper said she saw me and thought, "Good for you, Veronica."

These are some of the moments I remember that have made me fall in love with Him. Just thought I'd share.

Love,
Vern

No comments: