Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 17- Something I want to be remembered for.

One day late. Sorry.

I want to empower people. I want to take the downtrodden, oppressed, ostracized, and disenfranchised and remind them that Jesus loves them while giving them some of the tools they need to become the person God has created them to be. I want to fight power structures. I want to open the eyes of my students (whatever form that takes) of the freedom and life that is only found in Christ. I want my life to be an example of the gospel-- the truth that Jesus is king and Caesar is not. I want to live in a way that says I do not obey Pharaoh anymore. I want to walk by the Spirit-- to hear the words of Jesus, see what his eyes would see, and dream his thoughts.

That is who I am learning to be. That is how I want to be remembered.

No comments: